Wednesday, March 24, 2010

menu planning hiccup

So I had the week all planned out, then...BG got sick. The kind of sick where the thought of food is triggering gag reflexes. Also, the kind of sick where she spends most of her time in arms nursing, trying to replace lost fluids. Also found out that the vegetarian inlaws were coming over for dinner on Saturday, the day I had planned to have chicken and rice bake so...
amended menu plan

Tuesday, store bought rotisserie chicken with squash, broccoli and biscuits (veggies prepared at home)

Wednesday, chili (not the cabbage roll casserole)

Saturday, cabbage roll casserole, the veg'n kind with TVP, barley and lentils. It sounds odd but it is just as yummy as can be. First time I made it this way, DH didn't even realize there was no meat!

Oh, and to clear up... once the cards have been chosen for the week, I get to decide which meal gets eaten when, it's not a first card=Monday kind of thing. Gives me better control over when to shop and when to plan for leftovers.

OH yeah, there were actually 30 meal cards that we came up with. I may make up a few to cue me to go to a recipe book and get something new. I also included breakfast for dinner cards like pancakes and quiche, and things like sandwiches that can be part of a healthy diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment